Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Amongst other things..

A suspected confirmed tornado hit the houses on my block this morning. You can see a report here. I live about a hundred feet from where the reporter is standing.

I was awake and in the loo. It roared for about a minute and water poured in through the bathroom window like someone was spraying it in with a hose. The house shook.

A few houses on the street lost their roofs. My roof is intact.

I went back to sleep, only to be woken up by cops and firemen banging on my door as they evacuated the neighborhood.

Since I was fast asleep, they had to bang on the door real hard.

As is apparent, my life is very exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see. i see.

so what you're saying is "ladies, this is where i live. won't you drop by and comfort this blogger in his hour of need?"

nicely done.

Anonymous said...

You went to sleep? Really? You went to SLEEP?

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Are you Chuck Palahniuk?