Now, not to disparage the judgment of the jury and all that, but hey, all the other people on that list are heavy-weights like falstaff, Amit Varma, and Manish Vij.
I expect great things to come about because of this.
- Resume value: ("You blog? Oh wow, *just* what we were looking for! When can you join?")
- Bragging to friends at the bar ("Dude, your blog got nominated for the indibloggies. You da man!")
- Impressing girls ("*fluttering eyelashes* I've always had a thing for indibloggies nominees!")
- Making parents proud ("Aaj tumne humaari barson ki iccha poori kar dee! Ab yeh boodhi aanken chain se so sakti hain!" "Aisa mat bolo, maa!" "Bas ab ek acchi si ladki dhoond ke ghar basaa lo" (bollywood dramatization. the real-life heh-heh parents are pretty unexcitable. i would be lucky if i got a blink.))
- Biographies ("In the January of 2007, Heh Heh was nominated for the indibloggies. It was to be a turning point in his life.")
- World peace ("Now that Heh Heh has been nominated for the indibloggies, tensions between Iran and the US should ease")
- Viva la revolución (¡Heh Heh derrota cerdos del capitalismo!)
Anyway, thanks. I'm obviously not going to ask you to vote for me. :)
ps: As you can see, I upgraded my template. It involved losing all the changes made to my earlier template and I have had to start from scratch. It is still work in progress. The look will get better, I promise. The principal change, of course, is the addition on the new widget over to the right, where I'll put up lists of songs I am listening to. Watch out, they might be the one thing that will most frequently be updated.