The crew of the USS enterprise gets stranded on an alien planet and is captured by an evil king who lives in a medieval castle. He imprisons them all, agreeing to release them if they suceed at a game he wants to play with them. The conditions of the game are as follows:
1. He will, at any random time, choose a random person from the crew and bring the person to a chamber that has two switches, one red and one blue. The person is forced to choose a switch and then change its position. Such visits may, or course, be repeated.
2. All the crew members are kept in solitary confinement, and are not allowed to communicate, except for one time when they are allowed to decide upon their strategy.
3. The starting positions of the switches are unknown.
4. Everyone is released when any one of the crew members tells the guards that everyone else has visited the chamber.
5. The crew members are unaware of the passage of time, that is, they cannot count days or anything like that.
Come up with a strategy for the prisoners' release. Hint: Look at my previous post. Its all there.